1. Protect as well as Weatherproof! One of the most efficient A/C system in the world can not make up for an inadequately shielded home. Drafty door and window seals as well as under-insulated attic rooms and also outside walls could cause your HEATING AND COOLING to work double-time attempting to maintain.
2. Not all home heating, air flow and also cooling (COOLING AND HEATING) equipment is equal. As much as half of the energy used in your home goes to cooling and heating. So making wise decisions regarding your house's A/C system can have a big effect on your utility bills-- and also your convenience.
3. Heating and cooling expenses represent nearly half the home's total power costs. If your air conditioning system is more than 10 years old, changing it with an ENERGY STAR ® certified, high-efficiency version might cut your cooling prices by 30 percent.
4. ENERGY STAR certified central air conditioning conditioners have a higher seasonal energy performance proportion (SEER) than basic models, makings them regarding 14% much more efficient compared to conventional models. The greater the SEER, the higher the efficiency. Given that sizing as well as correct installment of a central air system are vital to power effectiveness and house convenience, it is necessary to employ a certified specialist.
5. Heatpump that get approved for the Smart Energy Savers Program have a greater seasonal energy performance ratio (SEER) as well as home heating seasonal performance variable (HSPF) than common models, that makes them concerning 8% percent much more reliable compared to conventional brand-new models as well as 20% extra efficient than exactly what you might already have in your residence.
6. Natural gas heating systems getting rebates have annual fuel application efficiency (AFUE) ratings of 92%, or higher, making them as much as 15% extra efficient than conventional versions. One in 4 heaters in U.S. homes today is more than Twenty Years old. Qualifying natural gas heating systems utilize innovative modern technology to supply greater efficiency than basic new furnaces available today.
7. High-efficiency cooling and heating devices gotten approved for the BGE refund satisfy or exceed the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's ENERGY STAR ® requirements for item performance.
8. When is it time to change your main cooling and heating system?
When your equipment requires constant repair services as well as your energy costs are boosting.
When your heat pump or air conditioning system is greater than 10 years old. Take into consideration changing it with a newer, extra power efficient tools that satisfies the Smart Energy Savers Program rebate performance levels
When your furnace is greater than 15 years old. Take into consideration replacing it with a more recent, much more energy-efficient furnace that satisfies the Smart Energy Savers Program rebate performance levels.
9. Although these items can be more pricey to purchase in advance, the cost distinction will certainly be paid back with time with reduced energy expenses. Make certain to ask your professional concerning Smart Energy Savers Program Heating & Air conditioning Rebates http://dorrianheating.com/ which can dramatically help reduce the distinction in rate between common and high-efficiency products.
10. Correct maintenance can go a long way in protecting against future heating and cooling system issues. Ask your service provider about annual pre-season examinations. Service providers typically obtain really active during summertime as well as cold weather, so it's a great idea to check the cooling system in the spring as well as the heater in the loss.